"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." -- Ephesians 3:14-21 (ESV)





Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Efficiency At Work

My job requires a clearance. Back when I transferred to this office/position in March 2010 I was granted an interim Top Secret until the actual TS was blessed by the powers that be.

I got a weird email with a .jpg attachment today. It looked official, but the .jpg was odd, so I sent a direct email (not a reply) to that person to inquire about the validity of the weird email. She then called me in response. Her email is real. The .jpg is a copy of the letter to notify me that my TS was granted. The letter is dated today, my job title on the letter is my previous job title, and the two pooh-bahs CCed are my previous management.

Turns out about 300 files have lain fallow while the HQ powers replaced the person who previously held the position of clearance blessing. Wow.

My boss came to my door when he got the new email with the updated, current information. He had a good chuckle that it took 15 months from when I transferred over. In reality, from when the OPM investigation began in September 2009 to today it took 21 months to receive my clearance.

No comments: