"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." -- Ephesians 3:14-21 (ESV)
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
1. The end of the fiscal year looked like it was going to be easy and then things got nuts in the last week.
2. I have been crafty at home due to Pinterest driven inspiration. Made so far: fabric embroidery hoops, ceramic tile coasters, canvas/printed art. Also, I finally hung a grouping on the wall in our main stairs that included several cross-stitch samplers that my grandmother did and an old art print that Beau picked up in Spain. It looks good.
3. I have cooked a lot of good food, also from Pinterest. I'll post more of that in a bit.
4. My mother had her birthday and I cooked dinner and baked my pumpkin cake for her.
5. My kids got cuter by the day. My husband got better, too. I love my family to pieces and I'm so grateful for them.
6. We received some furniture I inherited from my grandparents - it's in the master bedroom and the receiving of it required the giving over of the beloved furniture that we had been using that I got from my great-grandmother back in the 1990s. My mother is "storing" that furniture for us - I want it back one day for Molly's room when she's ready for the larger pieces.
I'm sure more stuff happened, but those are the big things. Life is good.