"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." -- Ephesians 3:14-21 (ESV)





Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Bit of Random

1. Snap Movie Reviews

Red (DVD) - hilarious. 3 stars
XMen First Class (theater) - awesome. 4 stars

I plan to see either/both Thor and/or The Green Lantern while on vacation, if I can work it out (see #3).

2. Snap Book Reviews

Evidence, Jonathan Kellerman - loved. 4 stars
Deception, Jonathan Kellerman - also loved. 4 stars
To End All Wars, Ernest Gordon - harrowing, inspiring. 5 stars

Next up is Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. My Kindle is loaded with the audiobook and the ebook, so I'm hoping to get some read on my way out to my parents (see #3) and while at my parents.

3. Vacation!

We head out for separate vacations tomorrow. The boys are flying west to visit Beau's parents. The girls are driving west to visit my parents. Good times to be had by all.

4. Modern Medicine

I went to the dermatologist yesterday to have a suspicious spot looked at. It is not cancer. However, he removed it and will biopsy it to be certain. That spot is on my waist and hurts every time I move because the waistband of my pants is right at that spot.

The other skin news is that I have rosacea. That tidbit came out of left field (and right after I was told that I look 10 years younger than I am, which was the best part of the visit.) Turns out that flushing/blushing problem is a chronic issue that will only get worse. Woo!

And that's all I've got for you. Exciting stuff, I know.

No comments: