"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." -- Ephesians 3:14-21 (ESV)





Friday, May 13, 2011

Books: A Game of Thrones

I'm not one who reads much fantasy or science fiction. However, I saw so many friends on Facebook mention A Game of Thrones as the HBO miniseries start approached that I thought I'd give it a try. I checked the reviews on Audible.com and they were glowing as well so I downloaded the audio version and started listening.

I couldn't get past the first 6 hours. I can tolerate a lot in what I read, but one thing I absolutely cannot is incest. There's plenty of it in A Game of Thrones, at least in that short first 6 hours. I figured that was more than enough so I stopped listening.

I haven't not finished a book in years.

0 stars. Hated it. Do not recommend it - just had to put that out there since it's currently showing in my reading list in the sidebar as completed. That isn't quite true.

No comments: