"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." -- Ephesians 3:14-21 (ESV)
Friday, July 13, 2012
It's Been A Month?
1. I attended a really exciting** training class in mid-June. (**By really exciting, I really mean mind-numbingly dull)
2. My mother had total hip replacement surgery the same week that I was in that fun class. The day my class ended I headed to The New Homestead to help my dad to care for Mom.
3. On June 29 we went to settlement and became home owners. Or as Beau says, we now lease a great house from the bank.
4. On June 30 Beau's father was taken to the hospital. On July 2, early in the morning, we received word that his father had died. I returned to work that morning after having been away for 2 weeks.
5. On July 3 Beau and Jesse caught a flight to California while Molly and I hung out at home trying to endure the heat wave that hit us.
6. On July 4 Molly and I went out to hang with Pop and Marmie and friend Andi for a little bit.
7. On July 8 the memorial service for my father-in-law took place. I'm sad I missed it, but I'm told it was good and that many people from long ago came to honor him. He was a good Christian man and is already terribly missed.
8. On July 9 my men returned home. Technically they walked in the door on July 10, but let's not quibble.
9. On July 10 I returned to work after being away for another week. This is when I'm grateful that the summer is generally really slow at work. I had some stuff back-logged from being out for basically 3 weeks, but it was totally manageable and I got caught up quickly.
So now we're quickly approaching our big move to the new house. The guys come to pack up what we haven't packed on Wednesday and then the trucks get loaded on Thursday. To say we're excited is an understatement.
Through it all, God has been present, good, and faithful. His mercies are truly new every morning and His grace is sufficient. We are grateful for His blessing and care.