"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." -- Ephesians 3:14-21 (ESV)





Thursday, July 28, 2011

Books: Against All Enemies by Tom Clancy


Finished listening to Against All Enemies this morning while working shipping out a jewelry order from my Etsy shop - love audio books!

Clancy gets a lot of negative reviews and this one is no exception. I didn't like the last couple of his books that I read. But I liked this one. I think it's a good reboot with a new hero and keeping current with the times.

I especially enjoyed the narrator, Steven Weber. While he'll always be Brian Hackett from Wings to me, he is an excellent narrator with a pleasing voice.

One thing I will say - I think Clancy's torch passed on to Vince Flynn. He's the best political thriller writer out there today, imho. Brad Thor takes a solid second place.

I give AAE 4 stars out of 5.

Next up in the player: Full Black by Brad Thor.

No comments: