"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." -- Ephesians 3:14-21 (ESV)





Thursday, August 16, 2012

Books Completed

I apologize that this is basically going to be a link dump with star ratings for the books that I have completed since I last posted any book reviews. I have read quite a few between my Kindle and audiobooks.

Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank (narrated by Will Patton for Audible.com) - 5 stars

Molly Fyde and the Parsona Rescue by Hugh Howey - 3 stars
Molly Fyde and the Land of Light by Hugh Howey - 4 stars
Molly Fyde and the Blood of Billions by Hugh Howey - 3 stars
Molly Fyde and the Fight for Peace by Hugh Howey - 3 stars

Mystery by Jonathan Kellerman - 3 stars

Angle of Investigation by Michael Connelly - 3 stars

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers - 4 stars

Austenland by Shannon Hale - 4 stars
Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale - 4 stars

Black List by Brad Thor - 4 stars

Princess Academy by Shannon Hale - 3.5 stars

The Maze Runner by James Dashner - 4 stars

Wow, that's a lot in about 6 weeks.

The stand-out is Alas, Babylon, which is an older book and about which I had heard great things prior to reading it for myself. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it - the narration was excellent and the story holds up well as a basic premise. I highly recommend it.

Riding the VRE train for a week (2 hours each day) helped with Kindle reading - I finished 3 books that week.

My commute has only increased by about 5 minutes so far, so my audio book listening pace has continued, too.

I'm currently listening to The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (book 2 in The Maze Runner series). And on my Kindle is The Complete Atopia Chronicles by Matthew Mather (a self-published series of stories recommended by Hugh Howey).

No comments: